5 Ways to Take Advantage of Your Furnace's Efficiency
Although it’s spring, we could still see more cold days. It’s still a good time to take a closer glance at your furnace efficiency. We have some easy recommendations for you to fully receive the benefits of your furnace’s efficiency.
- Change Your Furnace Filter: You’ve heard this repeatedly, but replacing your furnace’s filter is critical. Even ENERGY STAR® recommends changing it monthly. You may need to change it more or less frequently, depending on the manufacturer’s recommendations. Air can flow better through your house when you have a clean filter. You can experience improved air quality and greater furnace efficiency as well. Accumulation of dust and debris inside your system will make your system work harder.
- Make Sure Your Ducts Are Sealed Properly: If the ducts have any leaks, holes or poor connections, it’s harder for your system to efficiently push air throughout your home. And even though your furnace will be working extra, you still may not be as comfortable as you expect to be. If you are questioning how well-sealed your ducts are, reach out to our professionals at Canadian Clean Air Services. We’re happy to help.
- Install a Programmable Thermostat: To lower your heating bills, take a look at a programmable thermostat. Why waste money cooling your home when you aren’t home? You can find an array of different programmable thermostats and should have no trouble finding one that will meet your lifestyle needs.
- Schedule Your Annual Tune-Up: It’s easy to overlook the benefits of an annual tune-up when your furnace is working as planned. Yearly tune-ups keep your furnace as efficient as possible and can help increase its lifespan.
- Zoned Heating: If you want individual control over the temperature of different rooms in your home, a zoned heating and cooling system can do that with multiple programmable thermostats. This can help increase your furnace efficiency and save on energy bills.
Half of the energy used in your home is due to your heating and cooling, so efficiency is key. At Canadian Clean Air Services, we can help make sure your heating and cooling system is operating at peak efficiency. If you have questions about your home’s comfort system or want to schedule your annual furnace service give us a call today! You can contact us at (780) 569-5201 to schedule an appointment.